Thursday, July 8, 2010

out of order

Went on my first camping trip with friends for my 32nd birthday. Wasn't sure exactly what to expect, I was full of excitement and was quite nervous. I knew that there was no way I would be sleeping out in the wilderness, intoxicated most of the time, without coming back unscathed. I just didn't imagine I'd come back with a severely swollen right ankle...


It happened the first day there, not sure exactly what I did, but I must've stepped down funny. One minute I'm walking, the next I'm on the ground laughing through the pain. That whole night I felt nothing, and was walking around just fine. Next morning, it was hurting pretty bad. Standing up from my tent was one of the hardest things I think I had to do in a long time. Thankfully my friend, Krystle, came prepared with a first aid kit and I was able to take some Ibuprofen! I iced and elevated my ankle a few times a day, but refused to just sit there and do nothing. I know nothing is broken, but the swelling in the above photo is at its worse. I'm walking funny, so now my right hip is sore. Today I stayed off of it for the majority of the day, kept it elevated, and took Ibuprofen. I go back to work tomorrow, so this will be interesting. As for running? Well that obviously is put on hold, which is very frustrating. There's a 5k I want to do in August, and I really need to get some miles in. Send me some healing vibes everyone, I could really use it...

No comments:

Post a Comment