Thursday, December 2, 2010

my first official session

I had my first official session with my trainer, Jennifer, at  Tri-D Fitness. It has been 3 days, and I'm still pretty sore but I feel great. What I like about this session, and what makes it different from any other personal training session I have ever had, is variety. I'm not just thrown on some cardio machine, and then given some free weights and told to do so many times so many reps. I activated muscles I hadn't felt for some time! I'm seeing Jennifer 2x a week for an hour, the rest of the days I am responsible for getting cardio in. On top of my working out, she has me keeping a food journal onFitDay. It's kind of a pain in the ass to get started but once you get going, it isn't too bad. I was under the impression that I was eating fairly healthy, this because I don't eat fast foods, I don't drink soda, and I cut back on the sweets I eat. But after inputting what I have eaten the past 3 days, it has become apparent that I am struggling with my carb/protein ratio. Too much carbs and not enough protein. So now it's time that I do some adjusting! I went out and bought a food scale...


I've already used it today to portion out my meats (4 oz) to freeze, and I will be using it to weigh out each portion of my meals. I know the weighing will be a pain in the ass at first as well, but just as the food journal, it will get easier and hopefully soon I won't be needing it as much. Next session is tomorrow, and the focus this time will be lower body. I am so ready for it, bring it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment