Saturday, January 22, 2011

obstacle training

My sessions with my trainer, Jennifer, is always a fun one. Well, as fun as one can have being pushed by a trainer to do crazy things! I wouldn't have it any other way. What I like about Jennifer is she always keeps our workouts interesting. It's never routine, and I think we have yet to recycle any of the exercises we've already done! I love it. Yesterday my session was an obstacle course, actually three of them. We usually do them 3 times and time them. The goal is to beat my previous time, which most times I feel like I can't but do. This time around I did fail one of the obstacles, but hey, we can't win them all! Here's what I did:

Warm up on TM for 15 min.

First obstacle course: 1:49/1:29/1:13
TRX Squats 10x
Speed Ladder: single leg down hops (each leg)
                       double leg hops
Lateral Stepovers 10x
Overhead Press (30lbs) 8-10x
Soldier Walk 20ft

Second obstacle course: 2:03/1:58/2:12
TRX Rotational Row 18x
Speed Ladder: Karaoke down/back
Step Jumps 10x
Bicep Curls (30lbs) 8x
Run Backwards 20ft

Third obstacle course: 2:42/2:12
Jump Rope 30 sec
Wide Stance Weighted Row (30lbs) 10x
TRX Donkey Kicks 5x 
Crunches 30x

Cool down:
Cat & Dog 15 sec
Kneeling Rollercoasters 5x
Downward Dog 15 sec
Wall Bench 30 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment