Thursday, June 2, 2011

easing my way back in

It's been a long while since I've posted anything, but then there hasn't been much progress to post. I have no one else to blame for this but myself. In truth, it's been a rough start to the 2011 year. I can comfortably say that the rough patch has passed and in recent days I've been all smiles. It's a good feeling to be happy, genuinely happy. But I have faltered in a few areas of my life, things I'm not necessarily proud of but things that won't break me but make me stronger, and wiser. There have been some new people that have been introduced to my life, who've opened my eyes to other possibilities and experiences. And then there have been some wonderful people that have been re-introduced into my life that have brought a world of new depths and ideas. All of this has been quite invigorating to my senses. My mind feels as if it's been flooded with ideas, new desires and goals, a whole new possible path has been lit. There has been some change in my world, and I feel more change will happen in the coming months. What my new wants will lead to is uncertain at the moment, but what I do know is that I'm excited to learn more. Do more. Be more.

One big change that is now in effect is balance. Getting back on track on what I need to do to be centered and healthy. I'm starting this by getting back into yoga at least once a week. The lack of meditation and quiet in my life is obvious to me. Next is getting back to being strict with my food journal. I have this wonderful trainer, but she can't help me if I don't do the very simple things she asks of me. The biggest thing to remember is to not become overwhelmed with it all, to ease back into it all... slowly.

And did I mention that I am happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment