Monday, October 28, 2013

q & a: "why do you talk about CrossFit so much?"

From time to time I've had friends, acquaintance, and strangers ask me questions related to my CrossFit experience. I give my answer, but more often than not I wish I would have had more time to think about the question before answering. So I decided to start adding the questions I get related to my CrossFit experience, everything from the fitness to the diet and everything else in between, and my answers here on my blog. So if you ever have a question, please ask by using the "contact me" form to the right of this posting. So on to the most popular question I get...

Q: "Why do you talk about CrossFit so much?" -various people

This photo was found on Pinterest.

A: Simple. I drank the Kool-aid. Ok no, seriously there was no drinking of Kool-aid- that would be bad, too much sugar! But why do I talk about it so much? Well, for one, I'm extremely excited about it. When something good, positive, rewarding, exciting, (you fill in the possible word) happens to you, you want to share it with the people you love. Right? You got that dream job. You met an incredible new person. You won the lottery. You get the picture here. This situation isn't any different. I found something that makes me happy, that makes me feel good, and in a short time has proven results with all the hard work I put into it. And yes, usually with all new things that happy feeling tends to fade and you don't really care to talk about it anymore. Unfortunately for those of you who are tired of hearing me talk about it, it has not faded. And it won't. Why? Well, its an ever evolving thing. There will always be something that I am getting better at. There will always be something I finally did that I couldn't before. There will always be a PR. There will always be new results. Why wouldn't I want to share this with you? Granted, any of you who are reading this right now must enjoy it or you wouldn't keep coming back. I can only hope that some of you will be interested in a tasting the Kool-aid. Ready for a change?