Monday, November 11, 2013

no more excuses



I got lost on YouTube land today. What started as crazy domino challenges eventually led to CrossFit stories. I must've watched over ten inspirational stories of people beating the odds. The above video I shared from YouTube about Lindy Wall's story was quite powerful to me. What an extraordinary story of overcoming such a challenge, and proving that everything she was being told would be impossible was more than possible. When I hear of stories like this, some even more dramatic, and others much less… it reminds me how anything is possible… ANYTHING. This video really made me think about how often I use the excuse of "I can't" and how often I hear others use the same excuse of why they can not do something. I am done with the excuses. I may not be a 20 something year old on my way to the CrossFit games next year, but I certainly will be able to do many of the things these athletes do. I'm willing to put in the time and effort so that at the end of the day I can say, I DID. What about you? What excuse are you tired of hiding behind?