Thursday, February 13, 2014

measurement wake up call

Due to the insane weather we had last weekend I didn't make it in for my scheduled measurement appointment on Monday, so we did it today. On top of that crazy weather I know my diet probably wasn't that great, in all honesty I have indulged in far too many Starbucks Hot Chocolate. I do my best on a daily to eat right and to stay active. I even went out and bought the Nike+ Fuelband SE (I'll be posting my thoughts on this product later) to track my activity level and my sleeping patterns. Unfortunately my measurements, which don't lie, are telling me I'm doing a piss poor job with keeping up with my success! I did still experience some loss in inches on some areas, like my forearms, waist, hips, and thigh. But I gained in body fat percentage, neck, chest, and arm. My calves have remained the same. 

So Tony, one of my coaches, had a good talk with me. Basically this isn't good. Something is clearly going on that is affecting my body, could be dehydration, diet, or both. I'm not entirely sure what is setting me back entirely but I am taking FULL responsibility for the results. I am the only person that can enact change for me. So I have decided to fall back to the diet I had while I was on my sugar challenge, which means hot chocolates are out and cutting down on the rice, pasta, and breads (even though I only eat whole wheat). And Tony says I should've been tracking my caloric intake from the beginning, and I haven't. I will now start tracking that and probably posting it here. He is expecting a difference in 2 weeks. I have a LOT of work to do!

This photo was taken from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment