Wednesday, August 20, 2014

make time

I am dealing with the unfortunate loss of a friend today. Trying to process what I feel and how this could have happened. I do know the one thing that really sticks out to me is "time." Nicole and I went to massage school together, we weren't very close during that time and after we graduated she simply disappeared. But as luck would have it, Facebook brought us back together. I'm thankful that she, two other friends (Connie and Mondo), and I got together this past June and caught up. And I know in the time of loss and pain people will say beautiful words of the deceased because they feel that is the right thing to do. But when I tell you that Nicole is a beautiful person, I truly mean what I am saying. She grew up so much since we last spoke and made so many positive changes in her life. Married, kids, and found body building and loved it. We laughed over drinks remembering the various classmates we had, the ups and downs in the massage world, the new hobbies we all took up, and what our future was to be.

I am sad not only because I lost a friend, but because I wish we had made the plans to get together again quicker. I am sad because I took for granted that we had plenty of time to plan. I am sad because time was stolen from her, her family, her kids. If I were to ever stress anything to you, it will be this, don't wait to call up a friend or family member you haven't seen or heard from. Make the first move. Make plans. Make TIME. Because we truly do not know when our time is up and what a shame to waste what little time we have on unimportant things.

So go hug the ones you love. Smile. Laugh. Love.

RIP: Nicole Laube

No comments:

Post a Comment