Wednesday, August 13, 2014

one on one: day thirteen

Today was the first day I worked out since last Friday, we can thank my left sacroiliac joint for that. I have this issue with that area where it likes to get all out of shape and flare up on me. So after doing a lot of KB movements and Deadlifts, and being an idiot and not stretching out afterwards I woke up Saturday morning in awful pain. I couldn't sit or lay comfortable and forget bending or squatting in any way, shape, or form. By Monday I started to feel better and got adjusted, by Tuesday I was functioning better but waited to get back to the gym until today. On the way to CrossFit Stumptown for my session with Joon I found out that the second WOD in the Summer Smash Competition I am participating in this Sunday will be establishing your one rep max in Overhead Squats. UGH! I hate OHS!! Needless to say, this is what we worked on today and guess what? I PR'd!

Warm-up: 2000m Row
Extended Warm-Up:
     3 x 5 Goblet Squat
     3 x 20/10 Isometric Hold Back Extension
     Max Effort Isometric Hold: 27 seconds

Skill + Strength:
     Rack OHS Press Up 7 x 5 (65, 65, 75, 85, 95, 105, 110#)
     OHS #45 7 x 5
     5 Attempts 1RM OHS (65, 75, 85, 95, 95#)
   
So I went from having a 1RM of 65# from March to a 1RM of 95# today. I owe Joon so much for all his support and help. Between him and Aaron constantly telling me I am stronger than I think I am, I still don't grasp that concept. I am still quite surprised every time I accomplish something so heavy.

I can't wait for Sunday's competition and see how I perform. I am definitely nervous, but super excited about it.

This photo was taken from the competitions Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment