Tuesday, September 2, 2014

one on one: day eighteen

I think Coach Joon is trying to kill me, no seriously guys he is! Ok, he's not but today I really felt like I was literally moments from death, more than once. But hey I survived to live another day and probably another session of evil torture. LOL. I do actually appreciate being pushed even when at the moment I am feeling utterly miserable. I am exceeding the boundaries I thought I could never pass and I am always surprising myself. Joon always states he knows I have it in me, and slowly I am believing him but sometimes I just don't feel that confident until I actually prove it to myself. This is what I did today:

Warm-up: 500m Row

4 x 30/30 Row [2 Blocks <130m]
First Block: 145, 141, 138, 138
4 Min Rest
Second Block: 147, 133, 108, 135

6 Min Rest

KB Ladder @ 35# (5 - 10 - 15 - 10 - 5):
Swing
Goblet Squat

4 Min Rest

4 x 30/30 DB Push Press + "Hell" Rest

25 Raised Push-ups

Cool Down:
100 Calories AirFit (Easy/Moderate)
Finished in 15:04

Ok, so with the rowing 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off going all out was the first part of my death! I had to go full capacity and give everything I had and in the the first block I did. By the time I had to do the second block I did my best to give my all but I was seeing stars, getting side stitches, and breathing heavily. I was learning to push through my threshold, this shit is no joke! After my 6 minute rest I had to do the KB ladder and that proved to be difficult as well. I didn't feel completely ready or rested, I ended up taking far too many breaks but I pushed on through. The next malicious, I mean movement Joon had me do was dumbbell presses. I started with just 10# weights and quickly had to move to 5# weights. For 30 seconds I had to do presses than for 30 seconds hold the damn weight up above my head. Listen, there is NO exaggeration with it being called "Hell" Rest because it truly is. I absolutely sucked at this and kept dropping my arms down and whined the entire time. Sorry Joon, and thanks for putting up with me. The push-ups weren't so bad but still hard and then the AirFit I took it easy on.

All in all it was a good session, pushed through some uncomfortable moments and I know I am capable but I still play the mental game. I am amazed at how good at rowing I am getting, I am curious to see how long I can go before I can't take it anymore. I may have to try that some day.

This photo was taken from Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment