Tuesday, June 22, 2010

...and so things have changed

As I knew my life was headed towards change, I didn't expect it to change within hours of my last posting. Yesterday I was offered the job I was after, and I happily accepted. This new job brings a lot of excitement and some frustration. The positive aspects are better pay, more hours (which could also be a negative), health benefits, paid vacation, weekends off (that's a first for me), and a change of pace. The frustrating part is that I had to back out of the Cascade Lakes Relay Race, and although my teammates are very supportive of my new job and very understanding, it doesn't rid the disappointment I feel of not being able to participate in the relay. After completing my first 10k, I was all pumped up and ready to take on this relay. I suppose now I will just have to wait until next year. And now that I will be working more hours, there will be no getting out early in the day which will effect my afternoon/evening workout sessions. In fact, I will no longer be able to attend Nia on Monday nights anymore...eek! Thankfully Kelly M. is flexible and so our core workouts will stay intact, but I will either have to start getting up early in the mornings to run, or settle for evening runs. The goal is to not fall off track, is to stay focused and continue with my training. Different aspects of my life seem to be coming together nicely, I am curious to see how the next few months will pan out...

No comments:

Post a Comment