Monday, June 21, 2010

change is coming

I do my best to stick to a regular schedule to ensure that I stay on top of my trainings. Typically my week goes like this:
  • Monday- Run & Nia
  • Tuesday- Core
  • Wednesday- Walk & Tri-D or Run
  • Thursday- Core
  • Friday- Run (sometimes Nia)
  • Saturday- Run
  • Sunday- Rest (or makeup day)
But as life would have it, I don't always get to follow this schedule and so I have to rearrange things to make it work. For the most part though, I tend to get everything in and I feel pretty confident that I am doing well enough at the moment. The key words being "at the moment". See, I've been in the process of finding a new job. The downfall to leaving the job I currently have is the freedom, the ability to be able to fit everything I want to do in. I work an average of 32 hours a week, which usually means I'm out fairly early and have a ton of time to play, but I don't get paid enough. The downfall of getting a new job is that I will have to be wiser with my time, as I will most likely be working a normal 40 hour week. The plus though, weekends off, benefits, and paid vacation!! On the other side of the spectrum, I'm also learning to balance my active lifestyle with my personal life- so far I am managing well. Change can be good, but change can be challenging... sometimes very challenging. I think I'm up for that challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment