Monday, June 21, 2010

in need of help

Now that I was becoming a more serious runner, and was going to begin training for the Cascade Lakes Relay Race- a 216 mile race that involves 12 runners running three legs- I was going to need some serious help preparing myself! So I jumped on the interweb again and did some research. I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for but I knew that somewhere out there in the world wide web I'd find it, and I did! I found myself a Professional Running Coach, Jennifer Burningham. After meeting up with her and learning about what she has to offer, I instantly knew I was headed in the right direction. She's been a constant source of positive reinforcement, and has been there for me every step of the way (no question is ever too stupid). Because of her I was able to tackle on my second race, the Drop Top 10k. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would run for more than a mile, then I did a 5k. But I honestly never envisioned myself doing a 10k, and that had to be one of the hardest things I had ever done in my life. Jennifer got me on track, between meeting with her one to three times a month and constant contact through email/text/call, she helped me be prepared. (I highly recommend her!!)

Next goal:
Cascade Lakes Relay.
  • Leg One: 3.9 miles (slight uphill)
  • Leg Two: 3.3 miles (slight downhill)
  • Leg Three: 2.6 miles (flat/picturesque) 
With Jennifer's help, I think I can do this! Hell, I did do 6.2 miles already... 

No comments:

Post a Comment