Monday, July 26, 2010

sanity still intact

Yup, I'm still sane! I haven't gone for a run in 4 weeks and as frustrating as it is for me, I'm oddly calm. In all honesty there is an important factor to why I'm surviving this, and I really should thank him. I'm going through a learning process of channeling the mental energy I'd use for running, into other aspects of my life. Not as easy as you'd think. Remembering to eat better and cutting back on indulgences is hard to do, I can't run that extra mile to burn off that extra caloric intake. Blah. Running has also become my therapist of sorts, it's my session to work on things that may be weighing on me mentally. I was hit with something a week ago that a good run could have helped me a great deal, but thankfully I have good friends that were a healthy substitute for running. It may not have been exactly the same thing, but I'm still fortunate enough to have that, and I know it. So to my lovely friends, Jen, Krystle, Amanda and Natalie- Thank you for giving me your time when I needed it (even when you didn't realize how helpful you were). And to Ken, while I'm struggling with the inability to run, you have helped keep my spirits up by making me happy. I can't thank you enough for that. You're a wonderful person, and I am utterly thankful to have you in my life. :)

August is a week away, and the Crawfish Crawl is 3 weeks away. Given that I haven't gone on a run in 4 weeks, and it will be at least another week or two before I can even go for a moderately paced walk, I don't think I will be participating in this event. The next event on my schedule is in September, and I am hoping that I will be able to do that but if I were to be completely honest with myself, I don't think that is going to happen either. Ah! So what is a girl to do?! I think my main focus at this point is to get back into core training and upper body weight training this week, next week at the latest. And to keep with the therapy with my ankle so that it is back in working (running) condition. 

I think the most important thing I need to remember is to live, love, laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment