Wednesday, January 19, 2011

a whirlwind of change

Ever have a moment of clarity? A moment when everything before you suddenly just made a lot of sense? I had one of those moments, a much more powerful experience than I have ever experienced. I know this blog is usually more focused on my health & fitness, but I believe every aspect of your being is always intertwined with everything the makes you who you are, and all the outer aspects of your life. I'm not perfect, nor do I aspire to be. I'm flawed in many ways, but everyday I work at being the best person that I can be. Be proud of who I am. Where I came from. And where I am going. Here I stand, 32 years old, and though I'm on a path to improved health and an overall lifestyle change, I already feel strong. I'm strong because I tell myself that I am. I'm strong because I have a support system that believes in me. I'm strong because I am loved for who I am in every way that I am.

I. Am. Strong.

I've struggled for many years with my weight. Tried many different things. Had much help from many different people, but never succeeded. Not because they failed, but because I wasn't ready. I can't tell you that this time will be different, my words will just be that- words. So instead I will show you. This time it feels right. I feel ready. I've got plenty of support, still, and many avenues of inspiration and motivation. So my plan?

It's said that it takes 28 days to form a habit. So I'm making ME a habit. A habit to love myself, respect myself, take care of myself... to keep getting stronger. My trainer, Jennifer, has me keeping a food journal on-line. I started this when I started my personal training with her. Two months later, I'm just NOW getting the hang of it. I never realized how much I love my carbs. And what a challenge it is to teach yourself to cut back on the very things that you love. I grew up where rice was an almost every dinner ritual, now for the last 2 or 3 weeks I've substituted my rice for salads or more veggies. I don't really crave the rice anymore. So, to keep on the right path, to succeed, I'm going to form a new habit. A eating healthier habit. An exercising regular habit. For the next 28 days, I'm making ME a priority. No longer will I put myself aside for convenience, for laziness, for excuses. I'm now on Day 3 on my new path and I feel great! 

I'm only 25 days away from feeling stronger...

No comments:

Post a Comment