Wednesday, January 19, 2011

music makes all the difference

Wherever I may be working out, whether at a gym or outdoors, I must have music. I'm always amazed when I see someone running down a road with no iPod, it seems so foreign and wrong to me. But we all have our music, for me the techno and bass beat of a good song keeps me going but for the next person the sound of the rain hitting the pavement or the chirps of the birds is song enough for them. How do you like to workout? With or without music?

For Christmas I got a new iPod, so I updated my workout tunes with some new tunes. Some fast heart pumping beats, and some mellow deep breathing tunes. Yesterday I made a discovery of my new powersong as I was on the treadmill. Just as I was running one of my intervals I began to loose steam and was ready to give up when a song came on. You know what I am talking about! That song that just sings to you the way no other song sings. I find that whenever I feel weak, or like giving up I tune into that song and it gives me the necessary drive to keep going!! I love music.

My powersong: Diddy Dirty Money's "Coming Home"...

No comments:

Post a Comment