Friday, November 15, 2013

day 15 of 61: sugar challenge

I am officially two weeks in and have lost a total of 7 pounds already! If I average a pound a week I will lose about 15 pounds at the end of this challenge, that would be awesome. I still have not had any cravings for refined sugar, which still surprises me. No weak moments and no cheats. Another thing I was expecting to happen was feeling my blood sugar drop often, but that has not happened.

Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I have plenty of energy and definitely feel a difference in my performance. I had already switched out my white rice for brown and white bread for 100% whole wheat, but was still eating "enriched wheat flour" pasta. Due to this challenge and wanting to stay true to it, I switched that out for the 100% whole wheat. Thankfully Aaron is more than happy to help with the change. I feel blessed to have such support from him, family, and friends. I truly feel that I will be successful.