Monday, December 9, 2013

rx'd for the second time

Tonight for the second time in my CrossFit experience I have RX'd a WOD. What that means for those of you who are not familiar with that term, is that I did the prescribed weight and workout. This workout tonight has shown me that I am getting stronger and more willing to assert myself.

The WOD this evening:
A: Snatch Push Press- work to a heavy single.
     Then perform 5 sets of 3 reps @ 80%

B: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
     -Thrusters 95#/65#
    *100ft Bear Crawls after every set of thrusters.

Now I typically avoid bear crawls, as well as crab walks, inch worms, and anything else that asks for you to put any sort prolonged pressure on your wrists. I am a massage therapist by trade and preserving my wrists are important. These sort of movements tend to wreak havoc on me and so that is why I avoid them. But when I saw the posted WOD this evening and knew that a 65# thruster was doable for me, I was frustrated that the bear crawls would be the thing to keep me from RXing. So I made a decision to go for it this evening. And I did it! I did 65# thrusters and 100ft bear crawls. I felt like throwing up for most of the workout and I kept seeing stars after doing bear crawls. Not to mention that my wrists weren't feeling that great half way through it. No worries though, my wrists are fine now, I didn't throw up, and the stars are back in the evening sky. I did my WOD in 27 minutes and 45 seconds. Definitely not the best time of the night, but I really could care less!

I do want to take a moment to give a shout out to an incredible woman, Ms. Alisha Howard. This evening she did the same WOD as I did, but accidentally put 5 extra pounds on her bar and did 70# thrusters. It was pointed out to her when she was already half way through the WOD and like a CrossFit beast, she kept going with it. Even though she was the last one to finish the WOD this evening, she is my hero for the day! She didn't give up. And she didn't take those extra 5# off… WOW! Good for you girl! Brag away…

This photo was taken from Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment