Saturday, January 4, 2014

post reflection on the sugar challenge

So it's been four days since the sugar challenge I was in ended. And you'd think that I went out and indulged in sweet treats, right? Well I didn't, not exactly. First it didn't help that right after Christmas I caught the Flu bug and was out of the game for a week. I am feeling tons better but still walking around with a nagging cough. So my diet didn't change a whole lot since my taste took a while to return to normal, though I think it's still off a bit. This down time gave me some time to think and reflect on what I learned from this challenge and how I want to proceed from here. For starters, I no longer crave any of my old favorite treats, which is a fantastic thing. I broke out of a bad habit and formed some new ones due to this challenge. I was hoping to accomplish not wanting to fall back to my old ways. So yesterday I decided to indulge in a sweet treat. I purchased this small little SnackWells pack of four cookies. These were one of my go to treats that were suppose to be a healthier choice but were riddled with not so good things. I managed to eat two cookies when I decided to throw the pack out. Not because I had had enough, but because the taste of the cookies were awful. I am amazed how I can now distinguish the taste of something made with good quality ingredients, and bad stuff.

I have no desire to go back to my old eating habits. I have full intentions on continuing on the same path I established during the challenge. I will allow natural sweet treats from time to time, and the occasional alcohol induced outings but I have no desire to ruin all that I have accomplished. I got goals I want to reach. This is the only body I have, I want to treat it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment