Tuesday, March 4, 2014

experiencing a little fear

In a matter of 3 weeks I will begin my first term in the Fitness Technology program at PCC. I'm really excited to be starting a new chapter in my life and hopefully on the road to a more successful and happier career. I have been so busy for the past couple of months trying to get everything to fall into place that I haven't really taken a moment to sit back and really take in the gravity of what is happening around me. On top of getting everything situated for me to enter this program, I had signed up to participate in the CrossFit Open, I am still currently taking a class through PCC via online, and I am still hosting monthly fitness challenges for myself and others. I don't feel like I have had any down time where something wasn't plaguing my mind. Last night as I laid in bed I took a few minutes to clear my mind of everything else and thought about what I am about to pursue. I allowed myself to revel in the excitement of getting accepted into the program, getting my appeal to financial aid approved, and having many of my past credits transfer over. But what I did not expect was to feel fear. For a moment, and even right now, I am scared that I am making a wrong decision. Whether it be, will I like what I get out of this experience or will this hurt me financially later down the road. Finding CrossFit has changed my life, for the better, and I can not imagine not having it anymore. I like the rush of excitement when I hear the clock countdown to go, I love how my body is changing and how much stronger I have become, but most importantly, I am amazed at how confident I have become. Not just in CrossFit but in every aspect of my life. I decided to take the road to becoming a physical trainer, and hopefully later a CrossFit coach, because I want to help the other Nikki's of the world out there to find themselves the way Joon and Tony (and my many box mates) have helped me find myself. I guess my fear is, will I be able to? I suppose only time will tell but I am definitely look forward to all that I will learn in the next two years. And more importantly, I look forward to see who I will become when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment