Tuesday, July 8, 2014

one on one: day three

On the way over to CFST this afternoon a familiar ache began to grow in my stomach. This was not a good sign and I did NOT want to experience the same pain I had only a week ago. I knew I had taken my medicine that was prescribed earlier in the day, so I know that was not the reason for the pain. The last thing I ate was a Luna Bar, this has me wondering if it has anything to do with the stomach pains. Meanwhile, I decided to eat a banana in hopes that it would settle my stomach some. By the time I arrived at the gym there was no trace of discomfort, but I will have to do some research on those Luna Bars. 

My session with Joon today was as expected, brutal. I say this because he pushes me so far out of my comfort zone, the place where I baby past injuries or second guess my abilities. But with the brutal I must add fun because even though I was tired, out of breathe, sweating, and dealing with burning muscles, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. This is what Joon had me do today:

Warm-up: 1000m row
Extended Warm-up:
     10 Shoulder Shrugs
     10 Hang Power
     10 OHS

     10 Push Press
     10 GHD Back Extensions (did not do full ROM)


4x: Back Squat 115# 4 reps
      20m Sled Push

2x3: Push Press Strip Set 80#/65#/35#

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1:
     Box Dips
     Ball Slam 15#
     Push-ups (Deficit)

The hardest part of all of these were the 2x3 Push Presses. I started off with 3 reps of 80#, and instead of placing the bar & weights back on the rack I had to keep holding it while Joon and David Mobley (another Stumptown CrossFitter) took some weight off. I than had to do 3 reps of 65# than Joon and David removed more weight, and than 3 reps of 35#. But it didn't end there, once I was done with the 35# Joon and David began adding the weight back on. I had to do two rounds of this and in both round I fatigued out on 1 rep of the 80# being added back. This was quite literally one of the hardest push presses I have ever done. 

Pushing the sled around was fun, something new for me. And the last segment of my session was challenging, worked hard on making sure I kept moving with little to no break. My shoulders were feeling pretty zapped which made me love the break during the ball slams, something I thought I'd never say. My experience with today's session was focusing on working past the tired and not giving up. I so badly want to get passed the point where I second guess my abilities. I know I am on the road to it...

This photo was taken from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment