Tuesday, August 5, 2014

one on one: day eleven

I woke up this morning feeling very unmotivated and a very full bladder. Needing to pee was really the only thing that helped me crawl out of bed. I may have gone to bed a tad bit too late last night, but compared to other times it wasn't that bad. I feel like I am battling myself to get decent sleep. Maybe I really should focus getting to bed earlier but honestly that is flat out impossible if I still want to go to CrossFit. So I must muscle through this as my schedule will not remain this way forever... thankfully. After last weeks sessions I was curious to see what Joon would throw at me today, and of course we had some skipping, rowing, and the always hated burpees. Here is what I did:

Warm-up: 500m Row
Extended Warm-up:
     x2
     50m High Knees
     50m High Skips
     50m Carioca (both ways)
     50m Side Shuffle (both ways, holding 15# bumper plate)

3 x 5:
     Squat Therapy (hands up, hands down, hands up)

5 x 2:
     Spiderman Twist

3 x 10:
     Reverse Hyperextension
     Hyperextension

5 x 3:
     Back Squat @ 135# (no pause or rest within each set)

5 x 2:
     Power Clean Pull
     Hold 5 Seconds in Hang Clean Position
     Hang Clean
(sets 1 & 2 @ 65#, set 3 @ 75#, set 4 @ 85#, and set 5 @ 90#)

10 x 2:
     Power Cleans @ 90#

5 Rounds For Time:
     100m Row
      5 Jump Over Burpees
     (completed in 8 minutes)

I always feel so accomplished after my sessions with Joon. It's not like I never push myself during a regular WOD but somehow he just knows what to get me to do to go further without even realizing it. I play such mental games with myself and it often keeps me from being able to lift a heavier weight that we know I can do. Little by little though I've been pushing through it and doing it, what a great feeling. I am really proud of myself.

There is a competition happening this month at CrossFit Hawthorne and Joon thinks Aaron and I should do it. I don't think Aaron has any interest though I think he should do it! I, on the other hand, am really interested in giving it a go but think a lack of funds will keep me from participating. What a bummer but I am sure there will be others down the road. I'll just keep working on myself so that I will be ready for one when the time comes!

This photo was taken from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment