Tuesday, December 31, 2013

day 60 of 60: sugar challenge

The End.

It is the official last day of the sugar challenge for me and my last weigh in was this morning. The result? Well surprisingly I lost another 3#! I say surprisingly because last Friday I got hit with the Flu and have been home sick all weekend couch bound. Today was my first day out of the house to go to work for a few hours and I really wasn't expecting to see much of a difference on the scale. Now I know the loss could be contributed to having been sick and not eating a whole lot, but I know it could also be that I've reached a point where my muscles are burning enough calories on their own. It could be one or the other, or more probably a combination of the two. Either way, I'll take it. I've lost more weight than I had expected to during this challenge. I'm pretty stoked!

Total weight lost from November 1st thru December 31st is 17#. I averaged a loss of 2.125# a week, but in reality that is not how it unfolded. I suspect I will reach my first weight goal in mid-January. If I keep up with my current success I will reach my second goal weight in one years time. Sooner if I am ambitious. I will continue to track my weight loss on a monthly basis as I will continue to keep a cleaner diet and not bring refined sugar and unbleached enriched flour back into my regular diet. This wasn't a temporary thing, it was the road to a new way of life!

I do want to take a moment to thank my wonderful partner, Aaron, for his encouragement and support during all of my challenges and on my road to making a better me. You make me stronger and stay on track with your positive words. Thank you my love.

This photo was taken from Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment