Wednesday, March 5, 2014

day 3/30: resting squat challenge & understanding the snatch

Now I know I didn't do an accumulative 30 minutes of a resting squat today, I'm pretty sure it's more like 15, maybe 20 minutes. I have a great reason though, my legs are crazy sore! And it didn't help that in today's WOD we were working on a 1 heavy rep on power snatches and then snatches for 20-15-9. But here's the amazing thing, today I finally got a grip on the snatch. I haven't been able to get beyond a 55# power snatch and a 35# snatch. After attending an Olympic Weightlifting class at the gym on snatches and then tonights more in-depth breakdown, something in my head just clicked. The weight didn't feel as heavy as it normally does. My 1 heavy rep on the power snatch tonight was 75#, a PR! And after some practice on the snatches, I can comfortably do 35# (which is what I did within the WOD) but I know I can do 55#, it's just sloppy and I wanted to focus on technique tonight. I feel amazing! After the WOD tonight I had to complete my Tabata Squats for the the March challenge, so a few others who are in the challenge as well joined me for 4 minutes to get them done. I got 85, I am pleased with that number.

Anyway, after all that, I worked on my resting squat and I felt incredible. My hips are definitely opening up and my knees are feeling less strained/pained. They are exceptionally sore this evening but still functional! I am making progress!

Using 10# bumper plates under my heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment