Tuesday, July 15, 2014

one on one: day five

Todays session was hard but absolutely my most favorite session so far. I went into the session feeling pretty good, completely rested and energized. Tony chimed in a few times during the session to help give me pointers in how to efficiently sprint. I can't say that I mastered it yet, but I surprised myself with my sprint times. And it seems I can be quite consistent. So this is what I did today:

Warm-up: 500m Row
Extended Warm-up:
     2 x 50ft Skip / Reverse Skip
     2 x 50ft Side Skip

Conditioning:
     6 x 100m Row + 30 sec FLR 1:1 (Row times 24/25/22/22/21/20 - Overall time was 13:30)
     6 x 30 sec to perform 2 Burpees + 20m Shuttle Sprint w/ 1 min rest (Overall times 10/11/11/11/11/11)

Ballistic Movement:
     100 Sledge Hammer Tire Strikes (every 10 strikes perform 5 tire jumps)

I have to admit that the sledge hammer strikes were my most favorite movement of the day. Great to do something new and different. Joon says now that we've had a few sessions, from now on we will end every session with a little work on the goals I have written down and goals he has set for me. I am excited to attack my list of goals and can't wait to see myself achieve skills and improve overall!


No comments:

Post a Comment