Tuesday, July 29, 2014

one on one: day nine

Getting little sleep the night before a session with Joon is NOT a wise decision. Eating poorly is even worse. My diet this past week has been awful, not only do I know it but I feel it. And whether it's because I'm anxious or lazy, my sleep does not feel recuperative. I really need to get more strict with my food and my sleep, ASAP!

Now with all that said, I don't think it would have mattered a whole lot if I had gotten enough sleep and ate well for todays session. I know I say on every post that Joon kicked my butt but he always finds a new way of just making me feel, what's the word I am looking for... ALIVE. My Quads absolutely hate him today, but deep down I am happy for the pain. He pushed me into muscle fatigue and I learned that even when I feel spent and I can't do one more rep, I can. Here is what I did today:

Tabata (20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest, for 8 rounds)
Row:
     87m, 93m, 86m, 77m...... 93m (we forgot what meters I rowed for my 5th, 6th, and 7th round)
DB Snatch:
     Right Arm 9, 9, 8, 9
     Left Arm 9, 9, 9, 9
Speed Jump:
     10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 9

Rest, then:
3 Rounds (2 min each with 2 min rest between)
     Airdyne (20 calories)
     Max Rep Clean & Jerk @ 65#
          Round 1: 8 C&J
          Round 2: 5 C&J
          Round 3: 7 C&J

My legs aren't feeling as sore as they were right after. I seem to recover quite quickly from my sessions/WODs. But I have noticed today that my Quads and IT Band are fairly tight and I need to roll them out more often. I can't slack off with the mobility work if I want to continue to see progress in my training.

Photo was taken from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment