Thursday, July 31, 2014

one on one: day ten

Only ten days into my one on one with Joon and I feel so much stronger! I am PRing left and right on my lifts, jumping better and higher, and running better (slowly). I still have a lot of work to go before I am completely efficient in all my lifts and movements but I am so much closer to it than I was a year ago. I feel exhilarated and look forward to every class, as much as I hate some of the things Joon as me do, because in the end it will ALL pay off. So what did I do today? Lets see:

Warm-up: 500m Row
Extended Warm-up:
     6 x 50ft Skips

30 Sec On/ 30 Sec Off:
     Squat Jumps w/ 35# Bar
     Pike on Bosu Ball
     Mountain Climbers on Bosu Ball

Seated Box Jump (view video below)
     Worked up to 23 inches

Snatch Complex

EMOM for 12 min of:
     12 KB Swings (started with 35# and finished with 25#)
     Sprint (there and back)

I absolutely did not enjoy the Squat Jumps with the bar, that was completely uncomfortable for me. But the biggest surprise and the most fun was doing the seated box jumps. I can not believe how high I got! Woot! Check out the video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment