Tuesday, July 22, 2014

one on one: day seven

If you read my previous posting than you know the heartache I am going through. I know that I am someone who can easily fall into a dark place and close everyone off. As hard as it is to simply get up and move I forced myself to do so. So today I went and had my one on one session with Joon to help work out some anger and frustration. It most certainly helped to let some pent up emotion out in a way that will benefit me in the long run and makes me feel better. Today we did the following:

Warm-Up: 500m Row
Extended Warm-Up:
     4 x 50m Skip
     4 x 50m Athletic Burpee Sprint
     4 x 10 DB Clean (speed)

Rest 5 minutes

CrossFit Football Total - 1RM
Power Clean
Back Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift
My total = 580

So my old Power Clean 1 rep max was 105# that I achieved back in March, today I got 110#. I did try for 115# but mentally I was being challenged. My old Back Squat 1 rep max was 140# that I achieved last September, today I got 175#. I went for 185# but once I got to the bottom of the squat I wasn't coming back up. It's still a 30# PR! My old Bench Press was 85# that I achieved in February, today I got 100#. And the funny story on this one was my kicking out my leg from the floor to help me push that 100# up. Joon doesn't know how I did that with a flailing leg but I did. And lastly, my old Deadlift 1 rep max is 225# that I achieved last January. Today I was only able to muster 195#. It wasn't without trying but by then I was taxed out.

I am happy with my achievements today and look forward to doing this one again to see where I end up!

Photo taken from Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment